Fri, 26 February 2016
Jason just returned from a five night sailing from Carnival Fascination, a Carnival Cruise Line Fantasy-class ship. Jason gives us a review of his Bahamas cruise along with how the food, entertainment and overall experience was.
Dan Skilken from TripInsurance.com returns to answer some of your listener questions.
1. I recently sailed Carnival Breeze and came down with bronchitis, between breathing treatments, anti-biotics and doctor visits I was billed $1300 and fighting with my insurance company to pay even through I bought the policy through Carnival. How would a trip insurance policy differ? Jeff from Tampa
2. Once again I should have listened to you. All the flights are canceled out of CT and I'm stuck driving 20 hours to Miami because I paid over $2000 for this cruise and I'm NOT missing it. How would've trip insurance help me in this scenario. Chrissy from Bristol
3. What benefit would trip insurance do for me if I have excellent heath care through my employer? Donna from Tennessee
4. I have never booked travel insurance because I've read on message boards where the claim got appealed. How often does this happen? Linda from AZ
5. How are rates calculated on a travel policy? I am 65 and retired and traveling to the Med this spring for a 12 night cruise. My only coverage is Medicare with a supplemental health policy. Richard in Sumter, SC.
6. We are getting emails from Carnival about the Zika virus and are sailing isn't until next February. Are there limitations with Zika virus and purchasing travel insurance? I know it's a way out but want to be safe!!